Signet Conductivity and Resistivity Instruments
The SIGNET 8850 Conductivity/Resistivity Transmitter is designed for broad application and ease of setup and use. The unit can be used for conductance, resistance, or TDS signal transmission and display. Mounting can be accomplished in several options best tailored to your application requirements. Full-microprocessor based electronics allow wide operating range range, and long term signal stability due to the elimination of potentiometers, jumpers and dip switches.Update - Signet 8850-1P, 8850-1, 8850-2P, and 8850-2 are obsolete as of 2013. They have been replace by Series 9900 transmitters that offer easy to read displays and extended versatility. See Series 9900 The dual input 8850-3 is still in production.
All signet above sensors are compatible 8860, 5800CR, 5900 and 8850 (except when using integral kit). Also compatible with 3-9900-1P when supplied with 3-9900.394 module.
Above are compatible with 8850, 8860, 5800CR and 5900 instruments. Also compatible with 3-9900-1P when supplied with 3-9900.394 module.
These user friendly transmitters provide a convenient way to display conductivity / resistivity or temperature. Optional relays provide control for adjustment or alarms. Optional dual output device is also available.
Compatible electrodes: +GF+ SIGNET 3-28XX-X Standard and Certified (NIST) Series Conductivity/Resistivity Electrodes
Accuracy: ±2% of reading
· Rating: NEMA 4X/IP65 front
· Case: PBT
· Window: Polyurethane coated polycarbonate
· Keypad: Sealed 4-key silicone rubber
· Weight: Approx. 325g (12 oz.)
· Alphanumeric 2 x 16 LCD
· Contrast: User selected, 5 levels
Standards and Approvals
Sensor input range:
· Conductance: 0.055 to 400,000 microS
· Resistivity: 10 Kohm to 18.2 Mohm
· TDS: 0.023 to 200,000 ppm
· Temperature: PT 1000, -25 to 120°C (-13 to 248°F)
· 4 to 20 mA, isolated, fully adjustable and reversible
· Power: 12 to 24 VDC ±5%, regulated
· Max loop impedance: 50ohms max. at 12 V, 325ohms max. at 18 V, 600 ohms max. at 24 V
· Update rate: 0.5 seconds
· Accuracy: ±0.03 mA at 25°C, 24V
· Mechanical SPDT contacts: Hi, Lo, Pulse, Off
· Maximum voltage rating: 5 A at 30 VDC, or 5 A at 250 VAC resistive load
· Hysteresis: User-adjustable
Open-collector output: Hi, Lo, Pulse, Off
· Open-collector, optically isolated, 50 mA max, sink, 30 VDC max. pull-up voltage.
· Max 400 pulses/min.
The transmitter is available in a panel mount or a field version. The field version is mounted to the sensor using the integral mount kit (3-8051) or you may select the universal mount kit (3-8050) to mount the transmitter on a surface near the sensor.
All panel mount transmitters (3-8750-xx) include a mounting bracket and gasket for a NEMA 4X watertight panel installation. Panel mount transmitters fit into a standard 1/4 DIN panel cutout.
The Integral Mount Kit (3-8051) can be ordered separately and includes a conduit base, locking ring, and integral adapter for mounting the transmitter and sensor directly in a pipe.
The Universal Mount Kit (3-8050) can be ordered separately and includes a conduit base, locking ring, and universal adapter for mounting the transmitter on a pipe, wall, or other stationary surface.
Integrally mount conductivity transmitters- mounting tips
|Mfr. Part No.||Code||PDF file||Description||Prices|
|3-8850-1||159-000-228||8850-1||Conductivity/Resistivity transmitter Field mount||n/a|
|3-8850-1P||159-000-229||Conductivity/Resistivity transmitter Panel mount|
|3-8850-2||159-000-230||8850-2||Conductivity/Resistivity transmitter Field mount with relays||n/a|
|3-8850-2P||159-000-231||Conductivity/Resistivity transmitter Panel mount with relays|
|3-8850-3||159-000-232||8850-3||Conductivity/Resistivity Field mount with single input/dual output||$ 791.00|
|3-8850-3P||159-000-233||Conductivity/Resistivity Panel mount with single input/dual output|
|Mfr. Part No.||Code||Description|
|3-8050||159-000-184||Universal mounting kit|
|3-8050.395||159-000-186||Transmitter NEMA 4X cover|
|3-8051||159-000-187||Flow Integral kit Mnt NPT|
|3-8050.396||159-000-617||RC Filter kit (for relay use)|
Dimensions and wiring of ProcessPro Units - Field & Panel
· The transmitter shall be manufactured under ISO 9001 certified processes.
· The transmitter shall be field or panel mountable.
· The transmitter shall display microS, mS, Kohm, Mohm, ppm (TDS).
· The display units shall be fully scaleable without jumpers, pots or switches.
· The transmitter allows for certified cell entry traceable to NIST.
· The device shall meet NEMA 4X and IP65 standards.
· The transmitter shall have a 4 to 20 mA output with an open collector output, 5 to 30 VDC or a 4 to 20 mA output with 2 relays, or dual 4 to 20 mA outputs with dual open collector with source selection (conductivity, resistivity or temperature) capability.
· The transmitter shall be programmable for temperature compensation, cell constants and TDS factors.
· The transmitter shall have security code capability.
· The transmitter shall have simulate capability.
· The transmitter shall be +GF+SIGNET, Model 8850 Conductivity/Resistivity Transmitter.
Return to pH Index